Defense from Removal and Representation before Immigration Court
Our offices focus on providing a defense from removal proceedings.
The most common forms of relief from removal are:
- Voluntary Departure.
- Cancellation of removal for permanent residents;
- Cancellation of removal for non residents;
- VAWA Cancellation of removal
- Asylum, Withholding of removal and UN Convention
- Against Torture;
- Adjustment of status;
- Stay of removal;
- Administrative and Judicial review;
- Administrative appeal;
- Certain waivers of inadmissibilty and deportability.
- Deferred Action;
- Private congressional legislation
- Prosecutorial discretion remedy that does not provide lawful immigration status, however if granted provides with administrative closure of the case at immigration court.
If a final order of removal or deporatation has been issued and an immigrant respondent has not left the coutry, then he/she must file a motion to reopen the proceedings in order to apply for relief from removal. Reopening removal proceedings and requesting termination of proceedings is extreme difficult, always consult experienced immigration attorney prior to filing of such motions.
Motion to reopen could be time and number limited, call us to discuss your case.
Immigration laws can be extremely complicated. To find the best strategy in defense from removal is extremely important for success of the case. As each case is unique and different, call our immigration lawyer for detailed evaluation of your special matter.