What Forms Of Relief From Deportation Or Removal Are Available?
The most common forms of relief from removal are:
- Voluntary Departure.
- Cancellation of removal for permanent residents;
- Cancellation of removal for non residents;
- VAWA Cancellation of removal;
- Asylum, Withholding of removal and UN Convention Against Torture
- Adjustment of status;
- Stay of removal;
- Administrative and Judicial review;
- Administrative appeal;
- Waivers of inadmissibilty and deportability.
- Deferred Action;
- Private congressional legislation
- Prosecutorial discretion remedy that does not provide lawful immigration status, however if granted provides with administrative closure of the case at immigration court.