What It Is K Visa And Who Is Eligible

K1 is a non-immigrant visa, commonly known as a Fiance/Fiancee Visa.

You are eligible for a K visa as a fiancé/fiancée of U.S. Citizen if you are:

  • Legally eligible to marry under the law of both countries;
  • You will marry within 90 days after your arrival to U.S.;
  • You entering for the purpose of marriage.

Note that you are not allowed to change to any other nonimmigrant status while in U.S.

Remember that you are not allowed to apply for a fiancee visa while your fiancée is in U.S. Thus, K1 Status is available to fiancé of U.S. Citizen’s outside of the U.S. to enter and marry U.S. Citizen.

Your marriage must take place within 90 day after your entry, no extensions available.